Android Auto navigation apps not useable within Z-Link

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Nicolas G
(@nainsg)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I got my Carbotics a while ago and everything was perfect but then came the Android Auto Coolwalk update (early 2023).
For a year now, when Zlink connects to my phone (a Pixel 6 Pro back then and a Pixel 8 Pro now), Android Auto starts ok.
But I can't use any navigation App because instead of having the buttons, I just got a small round icon with a burger menu inside (I tried Waze, Maps and Coyote, a french App).
When I connect my phone directly to my car, I got different buttons and the three apps works fine. But not with Zlink.
Is it possible to update Zlink ? I tried some APK found on Google but they're crashing or not activated so I had to hard reset my carbotics. And I got the same result after.

Thanks a lot for your help.

AP756 - Fred
(@ap756)
Forum Admin Moderator

@nainag Nicolas, usually you do not need to run Z-Link to use a navigation system on Carbotics. The main purpose of these kind of hardware is to provide a platform independent from using most of your phones hardware. Your phone is just used to provide a hotspot (for online communication) and the capability to make phone calls if you decide not to use a SIM card inserted to Carbotics.

Solution: Connect Carbotics to your head unit and you'll be provided with an Android launcher. Don't start Z-Link right now. I assume you have no SIM card insreted to Carbotics, so you need to connect to a hotspot (I use my Wifi hotspot at home and my mobile on the go) and now start Google Playstore. You can install (nearly) any navigation software to Carbotics (use your Google account, I use Sygic Navigation or Googe Maps, depending of wanting to use online or offline maps). Both softwares use the GPS hardware of Carbotics. Best of all: You don't need Z-Link for navigation purposes.

Sorry if I confuse you, please try to use your Carbotics as described and don't hesitate to ask for more info if needed

Bye for now Fred

ReplyQuote
Nicolas G
(@nainsg)
Topic starter  

Thanks for your answer.

I got a SIM card on my Carbotics and it works fine, but I don't want to use Waze or Google Maps directly on my Carbotics, I want to have wireless Android Auto and be able to launch Apps like Youtube (with Picture in Picture) at the same time.

And everything was fine a year ago but since the Android Auto update it doesn't work anymore. And I know it's related to Z-link and I wish I could install an update to Z-link...

ReplyQuote
pres1o
(@pres1o)
Eminent Member

Hi Fred. Do you think its possible for you to pull the Z-Link APK from the new carbotics version and share it with us here?

ReplyQuote
AP756 - Fred
(@ap756)
Forum Admin Moderator

@pres1o I tried to extract ZLink5 for you. Unfortunately the result seems to be incomplete (only 18MB). Therefore I searched the Internet for a downloadable version and found one _here_ (21MB). You don't need to register or login and you don't have to allow cookies, just download version 5.4.29 and install. You might need to allow installing from "unknown sources". If it fails, remove your old ZLink and try again (because the old installation might block a new installation). Good luck

Bye for now  Fred

Additional note: Because ZLink is part of the original installation you'll find a copy to re-install this version in ROM. If you have to remove this version, please reboot Carbotics before installing a new version.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by AP756 - Fred

ReplyQuote
pres1o
(@pres1o)
Eminent Member

@ap756 maybe it's because it's a system app and needs root? I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dylan.win11.app.extractor to extract apks but it might not work cause of no root. Thank you for the link you send but I suspect that it might not work because zlink is a paid app so I think carbotics has it pre configured

ReplyQuote
Share: